Now that February 6 has come and gone, most everyone has had experience with what we’re looking for at the brand-spankin’-new School of Medicine level of approval. One of our major review points is cost share, and whether an index has been identified if it exists. Not sure how to record that on the SP side of Evisions? Don’t fret; you’re not alone. Here is a step-by-step guide to recording your index for approval (click on images to see full mark-up):
1. Go to proposal budget:
2. Find “Cost Sharing” heading; choose “Yes”
3. When the cost sharing options box appears, choose “Voluntary”
4. Choose “Salary Cap.” Enter the amount of cost share. Refer to calculations in the comments line. Don’t forget to actually upload the cost share calculations document to “Proposal Attachments.” (Note: SoM is not requiring signatures for over-the-cap cost sharing at this time.)
5. Click the “Add Unit” link to assign your department to cost share and record the index. Use the search icon to find your department. Note: you can add more than one unit of account if you are splitting the amount between departments or accounts.
6. Choose “Add Unit” once the appropriate information has been entered.
7. Congratulations! You’ve added your cost share record to your proposal.
(Don’t forget to insert the number into the budget line by scrolling all the way down to the bottom of your page, so you don’t get the nasty error message.)
Let us know if you have any problems; we can walk you through it 🙂