How many of your grants are pending closeout? Do you know which of your PIs have progress reports coming due? Have you ever been completely surprised by the issuance of a NoGA? You just may save yourself some frustration with the help of Commons Quick Queries.
Commons Quick Queries helps you to identify –
- Grants Pending Closeout: Returns a list of NIH grants due for closeout for the over the last number of days selected (you will need Wayne State’s complete complete IPF number: 9110501). This list will not include NIH fellowships. This report does, however, include no-cost extensions, and the date all final reports are due in compliance with the NIH Grants Policy Statement.
- Commons Registered Organizations: Returns a list of all organizations registered in the eRA Commons (this can be helpful for subcontracting and patterning purposes).
- Progress Report Search by IPF Number: Returns a list of progress reports that are due within the next 4 months for a selected grantee institution. To find an institution, you must enter the complete IPF number (Wayne State’s is 9110501; note that any record showing as “Yes” to SNAP is actually due on the 15th of the month instead of the 1st as shown in the query results). Notably NOT included: progress reports for Multi-year Funded awards (MYF), which are always due on or before the anniversary of the budget/project period start date of the award and are uploaded as a PDF through the eRA Commons.
- IPF Number Search: Returns a list of grantee institutions based on a name search (again, helpful for partnering institutions, or if you are a sub on a project that will need a progress report from your portion).
- Issued Notice of (Grant) Award: Returns a list of all NoGAs issued in the over the last number of days selected (up to 90), based on the IPF.
These tools will help you stay on top of your (or your department’s) upcoming obligations to the NIH. If you have any questions about what to do with the information you find, we’re here to help!